Reminders of Upcoming Events
There are several PTA activities happening in the coming weeks. Please mark your calendars!
- Tues, May 22nd, 6pm: Arts Night in the cafeteria and gym showcasing visual arts, chorus, drama, and band! See you there!!
- Wed, May 23rd, 6-7pm: PTA Interest Meeting! Please join us in the Alston Ridge Media Center to learn about all the wonderful activities that are supported by our PTA. The new PTA year starts July 1st and we need parents to help with several positions. The PTA is responsible for so many activities that will not be possible without your help! No experience necessary and we have activities for parents with just a little or a lot of time. For more information email email@example.com. Come join us and learn more!
- Healthy Gators Yoga! Select Mondays: There is still time to sign up for weekly kids morning yoga. Students from any track can sign up. Click here for more information and to sign up.
- May 31: Deadline to order school supplies for next school year! We have partnered with 1st Day School Supplies this year to pre-purcase your child’s school supplies. Check out their website to order and they will be delivered to your child’s classroom just in time for their first day.
- Field Day: It’s that time again for fun in the sun! Come out and help cheer on our children. Grades K-2 from 9:30-11:30am and grades 3-5 from 12:30-2:30pm both days. We are in need of parent volunteers to help this go smoothly! Click here to sign up.
- Tracks 1 & 2, May 4th
- Tracks 3 & 4,
May 18Postponed due to rain – June 8. Sign up coming soon.
Check out the latest PTA Newsletter: April PTA Newsletter: April 30, 2018 for PTA events and news!
Welcome new and returning families!
The Alston Ridge Elementary PTA has launched two new platforms for the 2017-18 school year. These replace the Membership Toolkit platform used in previous years.
- This website (www.alstonridgepta.com) provides all PTA-related information, including details on all of ways the PTA helps the school, staff, students and families.
- MemberHub provides a communication platform connecting school administration, teachers, and parents. Please sign up today to start receiving emails and texts about upcoming opportunities to meet other Alston Ridge families and support our awesome school!
PARENTS MAKE A DIFFERENCE! SUPPORT THE PTA.
The Alston Ridge PTA is made up of a board of officers, many committee leads, and parent volunteers who work with the school principal and vice principals to carry out school-wide activities and raise money for extra support for the teachers and staff. This year, in addition to many of the usual programs (Science Expo, Field Day, Book Fair, etc.), the PTA will raise money to support training opportunities for the teachers, to replace the failing Smart Boards in the classrooms, and to supplement supply purchases for every teacher.
Ways to Help
1. Pay your dues ~
Pay your dues through the new MemberHub platform. These dues make possible all of the various programs throughout the year. Favorites include the Science Expo, Field Days, Book Fair, Career Fair, Spirit Nights and the 5th Grade Celebration!
2. PTA Helper
Sign up to help out with various PTA events throughout the year, without any particular committment. Help as much as you can, when you can!
Email firstname.lastname@example.org to learn more.
WHEN WE ALL HELP TOGETHER, WE CREATE A DYNAMIC SCHOOL!
How were Gator Fun Run funds used last year?
Shade structures, benches, gardens and musical instruments