Reminders of Upcoming Events
There are several PTA activities happening in the coming weeks. Please mark your calendars!
- Saturday Make-up School Days for April 7 and 14 have been CANCELLED! Thanks to WCPSS for cancelling our remaining snow make up days.
- Wed, April 18 – Spirit Night at Tijuana Flats and Menchie’s! Come out to Parkside Town Commons for a night of fun. Mention “Alston Ridge” when ordering at Tijuana Flats and/or Menchie’s Frozen Yogurt and proceeds will be donated back to the school. We hope to see you there!
- Menchie’s: 3-9pm
- Tijuana Flats: 5-8pm
- Tues, April 24 – Principal Parent Chats
Join Principal Caswell at the school for small group discussions at 9:30am or 6:00pm. The topic for this chat is “Input for the coming year Parent Workshops”, but Principal Caswell is always gracious to take additional questions as well!
- Healthy Gators Yoga! Select Mondays: There is still time to sign up for weekly kids morning yoga. Students from any track can sign up. Click here for more information and to sign up.
Check out the latest PTA Newsletter: March PTA Newsletter: March 27, 2018 for PTA events and news!
Welcome new and returning families!
The Alston Ridge Elementary PTA has launched two new platforms for the 2017-18 school year. These replace the Membership Toolkit platform used in previous years.
- This website (www.alstonridgepta.com) provides all PTA-related information, including details on all of ways the PTA helps the school, staff, students and families.
- MemberHub provides a communication platform connecting school administration, teachers, and parents. Please sign up today to start receiving emails and texts about upcoming opportunities to meet other Alston Ridge families and support our awesome school!
PARENTS MAKE A DIFFERENCE! SUPPORT THE PTA.
The Alston Ridge PTA is made up of a board of officers, many committee leads, and parent volunteers who work with the school principal and vice principals to carry out school-wide activities and raise money for extra support for the teachers and staff. This year, in addition to many of the usual programs (Science Expo, Field Day, Book Fair, etc.), the PTA will raise money to support training opportunities for the teachers, to replace the failing Smart Boards in the classrooms, and to supplement supply purchases for every teacher.
Ways to Help
1. Pay your dues ~
Pay your dues through the new MemberHub platform. These dues make possible all of the various programs throughout the year. Favorites include the Science Expo, Field Days, Book Fair, Career Fair, Spirit Nights and the 5th Grade Celebration!
2. PTA Helper
Sign up to help out with various PTA events throughout the year, without any particular committment. Help as much as you can, when you can!
Email firstname.lastname@example.org to learn more.
WHEN WE ALL HELP TOGETHER, WE CREATE A DYNAMIC SCHOOL!
How were Gator Fun Run funds used last year?
Shade structures, benches, gardens and musical instruments